[ros-users] Roll out of new rosdistro today - expect service interruptions

Dirk Thomas dthomas at osrfoundation.org
Tue Apr 23 02:57:44 UTC 2013

The roll out of the new rosdistro format is completed.

Please make sure to update to the latest packages since older versions of these tools will not continue to work.
   (E.g. run "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade")

   * python-rosdep 0.10.18
   * python-rosdistro 0.2.2
   * python-vcstools 0.6.27

For releasing packages you will find the files for Groovy and Hydro in a slightly different location:
   https://github.com/ros/rosdistro/blob/master/groovy/release.yaml
   https://github.com/ros/rosdistro/blob/master/hydro/release.yaml
If you send pull requests for rosdistro please ensure that they are based against the current master.
The next update to bloom will reenable the automatic pull request generation.

To register repositories for devel jobs the sibling files with the name "source.yaml" are used.
   https://github.com/ros/rosdistro/blob/master/groovy/source.yaml
   https://github.com/ros/rosdistro/blob/master/hydro/source.yaml

The information to document repositories is now stored in a single file doc.yaml in the subfolder named after the ros distribution.
   https://github.com/ros/rosdistro/blob/master/groovy/doc.yaml
   https://github.com/ros/rosdistro/blob/master/hydro/doc.yaml
The doc how to register repositories with dependencies has been updated (http://www.ros.org/wiki/Get%20Involved).

If you see any issues which might relate to the todays updates please let me know - either via the mailing list or a specific issue tracker.

- Dirk

--

Dirk Thomas
ROS Development Team