[ros-users] Hydro Status Update - rosbuild debian package support

Marcus Liebhardt marcus.liebhardt at yujinrobot.com
Thu Aug 22 01:42:18 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Tully Foote <tfoote at osrfoundation.org>wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> We are now approximately one week away from the Hydro release.  Thank you
> to all the maintainers who have worked hard to make Hydro our most complete
> release prior to release.  We have reached 670 packages already released
> into Hydro during Beta. And expect several more in the next week. There
> have been 350 commits to the release repository in the last month, which is
> over 10 per day. [1]
>
> All of these releases have been using the new bloom based release system
> building on top of catkin.  This is an amazing achievement  putting us well
> ahead of our estimate of achieving this for Indigo.
>
> Having achieved this coverage and having no perceivable demand for
> rosbuild based binary releases(aka zero releases so far) we plan to drop
> support for building debian packages using the old rosbuild based release
> system. This is moving this change forward one release. The main reason for
> this is that it will save approximately half the work of running the
> buildfarm and allow us to put the energy into other areas which are in
> higher demand.

+1

(Possibly things such as adding support for armhf)

+1

> Note that you will still be able to build and run dry packages with
> rosbuild and rosmake from source.  We are only going to drop support for
> releasing them into debian packagse.
>
> Tully
>

> [1] https://github.com/ros/rosdistro/pulse/monthly

Marcus Liebhardt
Control Engineer
Yujin Robot
주소: 대한민국 서울시 금천구 가산동 345-30 남성프라자 #601, 153-023.
Address: Door #601, Namsung-Plaza, 345-30 Gasan-dong, Guemcheon-gu, Seoul,
153-023, Republic of Korea
Website: http://www.yujinrobot.com
Email: marcus.liebhardt at yujinrobot.com
Phone: +82-70-46577073