[ros-users] New www.ros.org

Tully Foote tfoote at osrfoundation.org
Tue Dec 3 18:57:21 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone,

When we started work on ROS, like most young open source projects, our
greatest need was to recruit early adopters and fellow developers. So we
targeted that audience: we built a wiki, filled it with documentation,
tutorials, and code examples, and made the wiki the landing page at
www.ros.org.

Well, times have changed. Now, six years into the project, we have a
broader audience to consider. We want to reach teachers who are considering
using ROS in their classrooms, managers who want to use ROS in a new
product, journalists who are writing stories about ROS, and many, many
others.

So, in celebration (just a bit late) of ROS's sixth birthday, we're pleased
to present a new www.ros.org.

After all, a grown-up ROS deserves a grown-up website. Don't worry: the
wiki is still there <http://wiki.ros.org/>, as are all the other ROS sites
on which we depend.

Btw, like most things we do, the website itself is at
GitHub<https://github.com/osrf/www.ros.org>.
If you run into a problem or have an idea for improving the site, open an
issue <https://github.com/osrf/www.ros.org/issues> and we'll have a look.

The ROS team at OSRF