[ros-users] Request for Comment: Draft REP - Robot System Identification

Bil Morris bill at iheartengineering.com
Fri Feb 1 08:39:52 UTC 2013

Hello ROS Users,

We have been working on ROS system integration and we have produced a
draft REP of some config files that we think would be useful for other
robot hardware vendors to integrate into their process.

Abstract
----------
Robots with ROS installed at the system level have different
requirements from users manually starting and stopping a ROS
installation they built themselves. This REP describes file formats for
storing information about these robotic systems. This will provide users
and applications with a source of information that is common across
robot hardware platforms and software installations.

https://github.com/IHeartRobotics/ros-reps/blob/master/rep-rsi.rst

Thanks,
Bill
----