[ros-users] Translation of ROS Documentation

Fabian Saccilotto f.saccilotto at gmx.ch
Sun Feb 24 10:53:48 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I used ROS with a turtlebot to aquire a 2D/3D map from rooms.
Unfortunately the odometry of the first turtlebot version wasn't good
enough to get precise maps...

As I am the first student of my school to use ROS for a longer time, I
was asked to write an introduction (in german as not everyone
understands english very good).
I found a thread
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.science.robotics.ros.user/11025 which
suggests adding a language prefix (i.e www.ros.org/wiki/de/ROS).
I translated the following pages/topics and put them on the ROS wiki
under the "de" prefix:
Documentation (Entry Page)
Getting Started
ROS Overview

The only thing I wondered is how people will find translations, because
there is no language switch on the pages. I was able to find korean and
japanese translations by entering the according prefix, but...

Thanks for your comments

Kind regards

Fabian Saccilotto
University of Applied Sciences NTB Buchs
Department of Computer Science
Switzerland