[ros-users] answers.ros.org is the hell

Christian Dornhege dornhege at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Feb 18 14:03:56 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 18.02.2013 10:21, Thibault Kruse wrote:
> On 17.02.2013 23:45, Yamokoski, JD (JSC-ER)[OCEANEERING SPACE SYSTEMS]
> wrote:
>> See my post earlier:
>>
>> http://code.ros.org/lurker/message/20130108.000729.c8d61bb8.en.html
>>
>> I ran into the same problem. A help site that is not helpful for it
>> newest users, and then a release (Groovy) that should not have been
>> released.. not good times in ROS land.
> Hello John,
>
> I suggested to answers.ros.org feedback to change the policy, and Evgeny
> Fadeev has agreed to make changes.
> So specific feedback leads to improved infrastructure.

I do have a suggestion to solve this problem, but it would require some
more implementation effort, so I'm not sure if that is doable:

Allows every user to post links, but unless a user has enough karma
don't make them into links (i.e. not <a> tags). Instead of an error,
just give a warning/information to the user, why the links don't show
as such.

In addition allow forum moderators to approve a post for links (by a
single click), which would make the links show up with <a>.
Ideally "to be approved" posts show up in the top bar like flagged
items, so that can be done quickly.

Best,
   Christian

--