[ros-users] answers.ros.org is the hell

Claudio Carbone cla_carbone at tiscali.it
Thu Feb 21 08:19:33 UTC 2013

Marcus Liebhardt <marcus.liebhardt at yujinrobot.com> wrote:
>One thing I really do miss on the Q&A style forums is a place for
>discussing problems. It's great to ask specific questions people know
>answers to, but finding the root cause of a new problem together with
>others often turns into long lists of comments and/or answers, which do
>not
>really solve the problem. For those situations I would prefer a forum.
>Maybe we can find a way to bring both Q&A and forum together.

Seeing how the POV here is about avoiding lengthy and unfruitful discussions (forum style) but the need to do some discussion still lingers,I would suggest pushing irc a bit more.

There are about 10 people daily on the irc channel, I've ever only saw 2 or 3 saying anything beside me.

I can see that as a decent place for impromptu discussion.

Best regards
Claudio

-- sent from my ParanoidAndroid Nexus with K-9 Mail.