[ros-users] Groovy rosmake now much faster

Thibault Kruse kruset at in.tum.de
Fri Feb 22 08:46:38 UTC 2013

So if I get this right, significant speedup for rosmake could be achieved
by replacing yaml.load() with yaml.load(..., Loader=yaml.CLoader) and
yaml.dump with cPickle.dump

Does anyone have the time to investigate whether this also gets us
significant improvements for any of the other yaml-bound packages that
we use?
Such as:

rostopic
rosservice
rosbag
rosmsg
rosparam
roslaunch
rospy
actionlib
dynamic_reconfigure
rosdoc

At least for rosbag, I seem to remember seeing complaints about speed on
answers.ros.org, that could of course be related to something different
entirely.