[ros-users] Error unknown address family 10 in roslaunch's ProcessMonitor

Lukas Bulwahn Lukas.Bulwahn at bmw-carit.de
Mon Jan 7 13:27:20 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I wanted to switch from fuerte to groovy on my virtual machine.
After I have successfully compiled all ros_comm packages, I started roscore, but it terminates at startup with the error message:

unknown address family 10

in the roslaunch/pymon.py.

The system is a custom Linux system (compiled with openembedded) and Python 2.7.3.
NB: As it a custom Linux system, I did not use rosdep to resolve the system dependencies, but tried to resolve it manually.

Googling for the error above did not give a valuable hint what I am doing wrong.

Does anyone have a clue?

The full logfile is at http://pastebin.com/mxNkHBHS.

Lukas Bulwahn
BMW Car IT GmbH
Petuelring 116
D-80809 Muenchen
Germany
Mail: lukas.bulwahn at bmw-carit.de
Web: http://www.bmw-carit.de
BMW Car IT GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Harald Heinecke
Sitz und Registergericht: München HRB134810