[ros-users] Use cases for ROS on ARM based computers

FIXED-TERM Franke Kai (CR/RTC1.1-NA) fixed-term.Kai.Franke2 at us.bosch.com
Sun Jan 13 18:52:35 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am working on the gumstix as well as on the RasPi. My plan is to benchmark different embedded systems for image transport/compression and other things like feature extraction. In the end I would like to be able to choose the cheapest solution for any given requirements. The goal is to be able to find the ideal number and type of computing devices for a mobile robot, also considering sending images to a server for higher computation power.

Kai Franke