[ros-users] ROS I Turtle Naming Brainstorming

Christian Dornhege dornhege at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Jan 14 16:47:59 UTC 2013

On 14.01.2013 17:32, Bil Morris wrote:
> On 01/14/2013 11:06 AM, Benjamin Cohen wrote:
>> I'm neutral about "I, Turtle" .... as long as it does not become iTurtle
>
> +1 I, Turtle -1 iTurtle

-100 for iTurtle, +1 for "I, Turtle"
As a result of that -0 for "I, Turtle", "iturtle", etc. as this might
develop into a problem.

> Also, would rosversion -d return "i,"?
Probably "iturtle". "i", "i," seems like it might lead to confusion/errors.

> Otherwise I like 'Indie Turtle', this would obviously be running on a
> robot in a lab you have never heard of.

+1 for Indie/Indian

There is also the "Indian Star Tortoise", because ROS is a star...
(Also, it looks cool)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_star_tortoise

-- Christian