[ros-users] Use cases for ROS on ARM based computers

YAMOKOSKI, JOHN D. (JSC-ER)[OCEANEERING SPACE SYSTEMS] john.d.yamokoski at nasa.gov
Thu Jan 24 17:28:35 UTC 2013

+1

Having a focused SIG would promote better attention to details/issues in the ARM community than being 'embedded' within a larger, more diffuse group.

While ARM platforms are often associated with embedded systems, that's not always the case. For instance I wouldn't classify NVidia's CARMA board as 'embedded'  ( http://www.nvidia.com/object/carma-devkit.html). Damn thing has more horsepower than my desktop.

I don't what this to digress into a 'definition of embedded' thread. But as suggested, keeping ARM separate is no different than other operating system specific SIGs.