[ros-users] Hydro Medusa Plan for code.ros.org

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Mon Jan 28 06:41:43 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 7:08 PM, Jack O'Quin <jack.oquin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 7:05 PM, Jonathan Bohren <
> jonathan.bohren at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The RecommendedRepositoryUsage<http://www.ros.org/wiki/RecommendedRepositoryUsage>page doesn't mention anything about tutorials. Should tutorials associated
>> with a package go into that package's git repo, or into the organization to
>> which that package belongs, or somewhere else entirely?
>>

> Probably not the same repo, but the same github organization seems
> reasonable in most cases.

It's the choice of the maintainer.

Now that we can support multiple packages with separate dependencies in a
single repo, it is feasible to have the tutorials in the same repository.
It does require the tutorial and code to have the same revision. This has
some benefits if the tutorials are stable and maintained in parallel, and
it's obvious which tutorials to use with which version of the code.

If the tutorials are more stable or under greater development keeping them
as separate repos in the same organization makes sense.  And if they're
already separate, the effort to merge them likely doesn't make a
difference.

Tully

> --
>  joq