[ros-users] ROS Hydro Beta Status

Tully Foote tfoote at osrfoundation.org
Wed Jul 3 07:53:49 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone,

We are getting very close to releasing the beta of ROS Hydro Medusa.  As I
announced yesterday we have made it up to 408 packages already released
into Hydro.  We are waiting to make sure that we can get the new versions
of pcl, gazebo, navigation, and tf2 integrated into the Beta before
releasing it for testing.  We want to make sure that we have these new
versions so that during our longer release cycle we can keep better
stability without pressure to upgrade these packages.

For more fine grained updates you can see the open tickets tracked on
github at:
https://github.com/ros/rosdistro/issues?milestone=8&page=1&state=open

Tully