[ros-users] The Shadow Robot Company is hiring - 2 x Software Developers

Ugo Cupcic ugo at shadowrobot.com
Wed Jun 5 13:58:57 UTC 2013

Hi,

We're looking for 2 talented Software Developers at the Shadow Robot
company! Here is the full job description which is also available on our
website: http://www.shadowrobot.com/about/vacancies-and-internships/

(sorry for the cross-posting on robotics-worldwide)

If you're interested, please get in touch!

Ugo

Job description

The role of software engineers at Shadow is to advance robotic systems, by
implementing new solutions and algorithms, in order to realize complex
tasks with complex robots. Should you join our team your job would centre
on developing host side software for our robot systems. Your list of tasks
could for example, include implementing drivers for new tactile finger tip
sensors, adding auto diagnostics to the robot and developing simulated and
real life robotic systems.

You’ll be involved in different research projects developing robotic
technologies in many fields such as in hand manipulation, 3D sensing and
robotics for use in hazardous environments, as well as developing our next
generation of products. Overall your goal will be making our robotic
systems more reliable and easier to use for our customers.
Skills

*Must have*

   - highly proficient in C++
   - good knowledge of programming under Linux

*Nice to have*

   - good programming skills in python
   - previous experience or keen interest in robotics
   - previous experience using ROS (www.ros.org)
   - good knowledge of DVCS
   - experience programming in Qt

Experience

   - 2 to 4 years programming experience post bachelors degree

Candidates need to be available for start no later than August 1st and
September 1st, and ideally would be available sooner and will be based at
our offices in Islington, London.

*To apply please email your CV to
contact at shadowrobot.com<contact at shadowrobot.com?Subject=Software%20Developer%20Vacancy>
*

Ugo Cupcic | Shadow Robot Company | ugo at shadowrobot.com
Senior Software Engineer | 251 Liverpool Road |
need a Hand? | London N1 1LX | +44 20 7700 2487
http://www.shadowrobot.com/hand/ @shadowrobot