[ros-users] bloom 0.4.0

William Woodall william at osrfoundation.org
Thu Jun 20 21:13:45 UTC 2013

I am pleased to announce a new version of bloom!

First some things everyone using bloom needs to know:

   - Fuerte support has been dropped
      - There is a tutorial for using virtualenv to get bloom 0.3.5 for
      releasing in Fuerte:
      http://ros.org/wiki/bloom/Tutorials/ReleasingForFuerte
   - The 'bloom' branch has been deprecated in favor of the master branch.
      - All repositories will be automatically updated to reflect this next
      time they are used.
      - I have updated all the tutorials/docs I can find, but please report
      anything that is inconsistent with this change.

Now some new features of bloom 0.4.0:

   - Automated Pull Requests are back!
      - e.g.: https://github.com/ros/rosdistro/pull/1046
   - The README.md on the master branch is now updated with recent changes,
   which gives a nice overview.
      - e.g.:
      https://github.com/wjwwood/serial-release/blob/master/README.md#serial---114-0
   - You can now generate debian files for an individual catkin package, by
   passing the git based release repository, see `bloom-generate [ros]debian
   -h`
   - CHANGELOG.rst files are now parsed and inserted into .debs

The full changelog can be seen here:

https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/bloom/blob/master/CHANGELOG.rst#040-2013-06-19-171336--0700

I highly recommend everyone update and give it a try next time you are
releasing a package. Please report and any issues you encounter here:

https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/bloom/issues

Happy releasing!

--
William Woodall