[ros-users] cartesian trajectories

Mrinal Kalakrishnan kalakris at usc.edu
Wed Jun 5 14:09:59 UTC 2013

Let me correct that. We actually don't use a specific
"CartesianTrajectory" msg any more. Instead, we have a generic
"Trajectory" msg, which has a list of dimension names and
TrajectoryPoints - which makes it very similar to a JointTrajectory
msg. We then agree upon a naming scheme, like "r_hand_cart_x",
"r_hand_cart_force_x", and "r_hand_cart_gain_x" and so on. This allows
us to synchronize the execution of cartesian positions, forces and
gains (impedances), on multiple end-effectors if needed. We can also
send joint trajectories (or null-space joint posture trajectories)
through the same interface.

Maybe this is not how you want the CartesianTrajectory msg to look,
but I just thought I'd mention where we ended up after a few
iterations, to have all the functionality we needed.

- Mrinal