[ros-users] cartesian trajectories

Jonathan Bohren jonathan.bohren at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 19:40:58 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Konrad Banachowicz <konradb3 at gmail.com>wrote:

> [CartesianTrajectoryGoal]
> Header header  # A stamp of 0 means "execute now"
>

> string[] effector_names
> CartesianTrajectory[] trajectory
>   PoseStamped tool  # The frame which is being controlled  CartesianTrajectoryPoint[] points    duration time_from_start    Pose pose    Twist twist
> CartesianImpedance[] impedance
>     TBD stiffness % cartesian stiffness
>     TBD damping % damping ratio
> CartesianTolerance[] path_tolerance  # Tolerance for aborting the path  float64 position  float64 orientation  # Permitted angular error  float64 velocity  float64 angular_velocityCartesianTolerance[] goal_tolerance  # Tolerance for when reaching the goal is considered successful
> JointTrajectory posture  # For determining the redundancy
> JointImpedance nullspace_impedance # TBD

I like where this version is going!

Meanwhile, between comments in different mailing lists, and comments on the
wiki in the old robot_mechanism_controllers, it'd be great if we could
aggregate this discussion. Really it seems like this is an extension to the
trajectory_msgs package, so maybe we can do an online review where people
can propose and comment on different options and subjects. I've started one
[1] with the initial proposal from the old wg review, and added Konrad's
proposal above (feel free to remove/edit that, Konrad). I think we can use
the robot control SIG to coordinate, and ping ros-users for high-level
notices. Then when we've at least gotten the scope down, we can initiate an
REP request. How does that sound?

[1]
http://ros.org/wiki/trajectory_msgs/Reviews/Cartesian%20Trajectories_API_Review_2013_06_05

-j

--
Jonathan Bohren
Laboratory for Computational Sensing and Robotics