[ros-users] Building catkin from source

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 05:23:09 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

I'm trying to help out building groovy for Fedora. There's quite a bit
of discussion about building ros for distributions other than ubuntu,
but documentation is a little difficult to find. Would any one have any
links?

I've built rosdep,rosinstall,rospkg as rpms following the order here[1]
for fedora 18[2]. How do I build catkin from source? I've downloaded the
source, and run the setup.py method, but there is Cmake related stuff in
there too. Unfortunately, there isn't an INSTALL or related file that
tells one how to build it from source. Any pointers?

[1] http://www.ros.org/wiki/groovy/Installation/Fedora
[2] http://ankursinha.fedorapeople.org/ros-groovy/ros-prerequisites/
--
Thanks,