[ros-users] Barrett Technology has an Opening for a Software Application Engineer

IT Guy itguy at barrett.com
Fri Mar 29 18:25:44 UTC 2013

 March 29, 2013

   Barrett Technology has Opening for a Software Application Engineer

   Position Overview:

    The Software Application Engineer will be an integral member of a
   small cross-disciplinary engineering team that is responsible for supporting and
   improving upon Barrett Technology's existing line of robotic products as well as
   developing and integrating future products. We are looking for a well-rounded individual
   who excels at software architecture design, intuitive GUI programming, and personal
   communication.

   The applicant should be able to stay organized and on task, work well with little
   oversight, and be willing to take initiative and act upon new ideas.

   Specific responsibilities include the following:

   -  Regularly attend tradeshows and academic conferences worldwide, demonstrating and explaining our products
   -  Listen to the needs of professionals in new markets and develop application software to demonstrate how effective our products can be in those markets
   -  Collaborate with mechanical, electrical, and firmware engineers in the development and testing of our robotic systems
   -  Answer highly technical software-related customer support emails and phone calls on a daily basis
   -  Update and maintain product user manuals online using feedback from customers and internal engineering changes
   -  Perform robot installations, support, and training at customer locations
   -  Perform software project management tasks including scheduling, revision control, and release cycle management
   -  Compose grant proposals; submit written reports

   Required qualifications and proficiencies:

   -  U.S. citizenship
   -  BS or MS in Robotics, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
   -  Proficient in C++ programming
   -  A passion for designing elegant and intuitive user interfaces
   -  Strong written and verbal communication skills
   -  An ability to make people feel comfortable with advanced technology by explaining complex concepts in simple terms
   -  Willingness to travel 6+ weeks per year
   -  Highly-valued skills include: Linux programming, Subversion, Python, OpenGL, ROS, MATLAB, Simulink

   This full time position includes health care and other benefits.

For more information about Barrett please visit: http://www.barrett.com

For inquiries about this position, or to submit a resume please email resume44 at barrett.com