[ros-users] Closing issues only when fixes reach the release repository

Austin Hendrix legotown at aol.com
Tue Mar 5 21:50:39 UTC 2013

I've occasionally had this problem as well.

I'm not sure github supports this, but on other ticketing systems, you
can move a bug to a "release pending" state once the change has been
tested and merged into the main repository.

On github, I would probably do this by opening a meta-issue for each
release, and then all fixes that go into that release can reference it.
That way we can close individual issues once they're committed, and then
close the meta-issue when the release happens.

Thoughts?
-Austin