[ros-users] Simple URDF viewer

Osentoski Sarah (CR/RTC1.1-NA) Sarah.Osentoski at us.bosch.com
Fri Mar 29 16:12:16 UTC 2013

Igor, that looks very very cool.  It's super neat that you can edit the URDF on the fly.

Dereck, If you are interested in joining the group of people working on robot web interfaces we would love to have you!  There are quite a few people participating in this.

Brown made it easy to communicate with robots over web sockets via rosbridge: (http://www.ros.org/wiki/rosbridge)  this tool has now been upgraded and a hardened version now exists: (http://www.ros.org/wiki/rosbridge_suite)

Bosch worked on making a first WebGL frontend bosch_web_visualization (http://www.ros.org/wiki/wviz) as part of our remote lab project (http://pr2-remotelab.com/)

This work has now expanded into a large community effort which is very exciting: http://robotwebtools.org/

WPI: recently released a lovely robot management system RMS (http://www.ros.org/wiki/rms) that allows you to do really powerful things including user studies and user management as part of their RobotsFor.Me (https://robotsfor.me/)

There was a roscon talk about this last year (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hiUPMC-3KE)  and there will be another one this year at 9am on May 12 (http://roscon.ros.org/2013/?page_id=14)

In addition, although I don't have links companies like ClearPath Robotics and Yujin Robotics have also been working in this space and making contributions.

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Sarah Osentoski

Robert Bosch LLC
Research and Technology Center