[ros-users] Deadline Extended: CFP for RSS 2013 Workshop on RGB-D: Advanced Reasoning with Depth Cameras

Hema Koppula hema at cs.cornell.edu
Sat May 4 20:32:08 UTC 2013

Deadline extended to May 10, 2013.

Workshop on RGB-D: Advanced Reasoning with Depth Cameras
June 27, 2013 @ Berlin, Germany (full day)
In conjunction with the Robotics Science and Systems (RSS) 2013.

WEBSITE:

http://www.cs.washington.edu/ai/Mobile_Robotics/rgbd-workshop-2013/

WORKSHOP DESCRIPTION / CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS:

The recent advances in RGB-D sensors, such as Kinect, have been
transforming robotics research and applications. There have been a large
number of research efforts in algorithms and application of RGB-D
perception for enabling robots to operate in unstructured real-world
environments. Some of the key challenges in this direction are to
understand humans and their environments, which is key for robots to
operate and perform various tasks in human environments. Our workshop
welcomes high-quality work on all topics related to robotics and RGB-D. We
will particularly promote and encourage contributions in the direction of
applying RGB-D perception to understand human environments and activities,
which enable robots to perform various tasks such as detection, navigation,
manipulation and observation in human environments.

We encourage and welcome contributions over a wide range of topics and in a
variety of forms, on the use of RGB-D cameras in several areas of robotics.

Subjects of interest include, but are not limited to:

* Object, robot and people tracking
* Object recognition
* 3D Reconstruction
* Manipulation
* Navigation, localization, and exploration
* Algorithmic development
* Learning Algorithms
* Scene understanding and segmentation
* People and activity recognition
* Human-robot interaction
* Applications
* DEMO (see below)

SPEAKERS:

John Leonard, MIT (confirmed)
Dieter Fox, University of Washington (confirmed)
Siddhartha Srinivasa (invited)
Nick Roy (invited)
Wolfram Burgard (invited)
Frank Dellaert (invited)
Alyosha Efros (invited)

SUBMISSIONS DETAILS:

Electronic submissions can be in the form of both extended abstracts (2-3
pages) and full papers (up to 8 pages). They can be either a presentation
of work in progress or a summary of recent research advances. Video
supplemental materials are encouraged. Selected contributions will be
presented at the workshop as talks, spotlights and/or posters. Accepted
papers will not be archived.

Papers, abstracts and supplemental materials can be submitted at:

https://cmt.research.microsoft.com/RGBD2013/

Note that the reviews will not be double blind -- please include the
authors and affiliations in your submission. And we are allowing
submissions up to 8 pages in length.

The submissions should be in the standard RSS format. Instructions and
templates (Latex and Word) can be found on the RSS 2013 website:

http://www.roboticsconference.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11&Itemid=14

We encourage the submissions of live demos and working systems. A demo
submission should be in the format of an extended abstract with recorded
videos, under the DEMO category, separate from the main paper if any. Given
sufficient interests, a special demo session will be organized at the
workshop.

IMPORTANT DATES:

* Deadline for submissions: May 10th, 2013
* Notification of acceptance: May 16th, 2013
* Workshop: June 27th, 2013

ORGANIZERS:

Ashutosh Saxena, Cornell University
Hema Koppula, Cornell University
Richard Newcombe, University of Washington
Xiaofeng Ren, Amazon