[ros-users] Ros Roadmap Information

Dirk Thomas dthomas at osrfoundation.org
Tue Nov 12 05:43:07 UTC 2013

On 11.11.2013 19:07, Daniel Stonier wrote:

> On 12 November 2013 06:41, Dirk Thomas <dthomas at osrfoundation.org <mailto:dthomas at osrfoundation.org>> wrote:
>
>     The wiki page was simply pretty outdated.
>     I have updated the ROS/Roadmap wiki page with current information:
>     http://wiki.ros.org/ROS/__Roadmap <http://wiki.ros.org/ROS/Roadmap>
>
>     Please feel free to discuss any further information which would be useful on that page.

I don't understand what that sentence is supposed to mean:
     "Hydro and Indigo will be staggered across Quantal, Raring and Saucy"
Can you please clarify, Daniel?

Regarding the "planning your development" section:
if we do release Indigo as a kind of LTS version of ROS I would strongly disagree to first-time release any disruptive changes into that version and than aim for stabilizing them later...

- Dirk