[ros-users] Job Position: Robotics Engineer for Multi-Sensor Driver Assistance Systems at Honda Research Institute in Mountain View

Lorenzo Riano lorenzo.riano at berkeley.edu
Thu Oct 10 23:06:13 UTC 2013

Honda Research Institute USA, Inc. in Mountain View, California, has an
opening for an engineer to work on a multi-sensor driver assistance system.
The successful applicant will be a part of a research team working on a
real-time driver system that locates and recognizes objects using laser
range sensors and cameras mounted on an experimental vehicle. His/her
responsibilities include developing software for recording synchronized
sensor data on the vehicle, maintaining a calibrated sensor system,
collecting data of traffic scenes with our experimental vehicle and the
management/maintenance of the recorded sensor data. He/she will also be
developing real-time software in collaboration with research staff to
estimate the motion of the vehicle based on IMU data, vehicle odometry
data, and GPS measurements.

A minimum of an M.S. degree in Computer Science, EE or related field and
excellent skills in C++ and Linux are required. The candidate must also
have experience with camera and/or laser systems and large scale data
processing. CUDA programming, robotics/computer vision, and experience with
camera calibration, sensor synchronization, CAN bus, GPS, IMU, and vehicle
odometry are preferred.

This is a limited 1-year position with the possibility of further
extensions at the company discretion. Candidates must have the legal right
to work for Honda Research Institute in the U.S.A.
To apply for one of these positions, please send a cover letter and your
resume to:
career2013 at honda-ri.com
with the subject line clearly indicating the job number you are apply for
 (Job Number: P12T03). Name your attachments as "FirstName.LastName.
UniversityName.cv.pdf".

--
Lorenzo Riano, PhD
Research Scientist

web: http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/~riano/
email: lorenzo.riano at berkeley.edu
skype: lorenzo.riano

“I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless
though it had an underlying truth.”
Umberto Eco, The name of the Rose