[ros-users] Software Status Reporting and Custom Builds

Thomas Moulard thomas.moulard at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 17:51:29 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM, Edwards, Shaun M. <sedwards at swri.org> wrote:
> All,
>

> I looked at Travis briefly but it seemed to be set up for stand-alone
> libraries or those with minimal dependencies.  I assume “installing” ROS was
> not an option and building ROS packages would be impossible.  Am I missing
> something?

Travis is providing you with a Ubuntu 12.04 virtual machine at each build.
Starting from that, there is no reason to not be able to install ROS on it and
check your build.
The tricky part is that they decide whether or not your use is "fair" or not.
Without notifying them first a full switch of the ROS community is therefore
risky. AFAIK if your build takes less than 30 minutes they are fine.

So for vision_visp I am fine:
https://travis-ci.org/laas/vision_visp/branches

As for how to do it, it is exactly what you would do on your own machine.
The .travis.yml call the .travis/before_install script which setup the apt
repositories, get the key and run apt-get install.
https://github.com/stack-of-tasks/redundant_manipulator_control/blob/master/.travis.yml
https://github.com/stack-of-tasks/redundant_manipulator_control/blob/master/.travis/before_install

Best,
--
Thomas Moulard(ムラー トマ)
CNRS-AIST JRL (Joint Robotics Laboratory), UMI3218/CRT, Tsukuba, Japan