[ros-users] How Many Robots use ROS Navigation?

Tommy Persson tommy.persson at liu.se
Mon Sep 9 08:09:09 UTC 2013

On 09/04/2013 10:04 PM, David Lu!! wrote:

> Consequently, if you are using navigation on your robot and not using
> ROS Navigation, I'd be curious to hear why.

Our robots are UAV's and I have a hard time seeing what the navigation
stack gives me. But maybe I am just missing something.

One usecase we have is to plan a motion plan (or a gemoetric path) and
send that to the UAV. But it seems to me that the navigation stack is
more targeted to ground robot and continiously moving them and
comtiniously controlling them.

But maybe I am just missing something. With the new hydro I will probaby
look at the navigation stack again.

/Tommy