[ros-users] Migration of prerelease website

Dirk Thomas dthomas at osrfoundation.org
Fri Sep 13 02:14:46 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone,

We are continuing our efforts in migrating the ROS services.

We have taken the opportunity to clean up how things are hosted.  You will find a slightly new layout with the following new subdomain:

   prerelease.ros.org now replaces packages.ros.org/web/prerelease/

   prerelease.ros.org/rosinstall/ now replaces packages.ros.org/web/rosinstall/
     [This web service is actually deprecated and you should use the Python package "rosinstall_generator" which provides even more functionality via a local command line tool.]

There are redirects to keep the old URLs valid such that links to the old pages will still work.

If you find any issues with the prereleases please report them on this tracker: https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/prerelease_website

Cheers,
- Dirk