[ros-users] ROS J Turtle Naming Brainstorming

Martí Morta mmorta at iri.upc.edu
Thu Apr 3 18:51:20 UTC 2014

Hi,

I would like to give a couple of other ideas/words

- ROS
Jedi Turtle - "May the node be with you"
- ROS Joyful Jacobian

Also, I
would like to ask, is there a reason to have name and surname?

Marti

A 03-04-2014 19:08, Dirk Thomas escrigué:

> With ROS Indigo Igloo
release approaching in May, it's time to start brainstorming the full
name for J Turtle.
> As past names have shown, there are no rules to
this process.
> Please provide suggestions and comments.
> -- Your
friendly ROS naming committee
> Past names and codenames:
> Boxturtle
-- boxturtle
> C Turtle -- cturtle
> Diamondback -- diamondback

Electric Emys -- electric
> Fuerte -- fuerte
> Groovy Galapagos --
groovy
> Hydro Medusa -- hydro
> Indigo Igloo -- indigo
> Usually we
provide some starting point from websites listing turtle species.
> But
our previous resources have either vanished or do not list any turtle
species starting with J.