[ros-users] ROS Source Code

Tobias Opitz development at topitz.de
Tue Apr 15 08:47:30 UTC 2014

Hi Vinay,

Have you looked at the /win_ros <http://wiki.ros.org/win_ros>wiki-page/?
The instruction to build ROS on Windows works really great and as far as
I can tell, the core of ROS runs great even on Windows. The sources of
ROS could be find at GitHub <https://github.com/ros>.

During the last months I have build ROS multiple times on Windows
(VS2008, VS2010 and recently VS2012) sometimes for 32 and yesterday for
64 Bit and the main difficulties for me was to build the dependencies
itself or building ROS when there are more than one Python version
installed on your machine (Python 32 or 64 Bit, 2.7.6 or 3.4).

Best Regards,
Tobias