[ros-users] improving ROS on wikipedia

William Woodall william at osrfoundation.org
Wed Apr 16 17:40:16 UTC 2014

Thanks for pointing that out Vincent, I agree that should be spruced up.

Maybe I am making this up, but is it considered bad form to modify "your
own" wikipedia page? I guess what I am asking is, is it better to have the
community write the ROS wikipedia page rather some of the core maintainers
here at OSRF?

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 9:07 AM, Vincent Rabaud <vincent.rabaud at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I had a look at the wikipedia page for ROS and it is fairly dull:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robot_Operating_System
> (and it's not even on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robotics_middleware )
>
> Nothing about :
> - the build system
> - the fact that parts of it are in distros now (urdfdom in Ubuntu)
> - about the companies that use it
> - no screenshots (about RViz, rQt, robotWebTools ...)
> - the latest stats (7k registered on answers.ros.org)
> - ROSCon
>
> So please, let's brainstorm here about what is needed and let's contribute
> to the page !
>
> Vincent

William Woodall
ROS Development Team