[ros-users] ROS J Turtle Naming Brainstorming (UNCLASSIFIED)

Karan, Cem F CIV (US) cem.f.karan.civ at mail.mil
Mon Apr 21 13:55:53 UTC 2014

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

I like the idea of Jade Turtle, but when I first saw it, I accidentally read
it as 'Jaded Turtle'.  Probably not what anyone wants to convey.  I also
agree with the comments about 'Jagged' not being quite appropriate as it
implies something that isn't ready for prime-time.  So far, Juggernaut and
Judo are acceptable to me, but I agree that if we had something connected to
a turtle, it'd be nice.

On a slightly related note, would those that are multi-lingual please keep
an eye on the names being suggested?  I know that there are certain words
that are completely innocuous in English that are insulting/rude in Turkish
(and therefore can't be translated or used in Turkish), and I'd like to
avoid something like that happening to ROS due to an accidentally poorly
chosen name.

Thanks,
Cem Karan