[ros-users] ROS usability

Michael Fritscher michael.fritscher at telematik-zentrum.de
Thu Feb 20 21:21:39 UTC 2014

Hi,
> Because any other library version of Boost than the one used for building
> the binary in the first place will not work.
> (And if it would work then you are just really lucky that
> incompatibilities in the ABI do not hit you.)

ah, ok, I see your missunderstanding. No, I don't want that binary code do
use different versions of boost.
My idea was that ros-packages can use e.g. the libboost 1.42 which comes
with some distros, but if that distro doesn't provide this version, it can
fallback to a libboost 1.42 which is provided by the ros ecosystem.

Best regards,
Michael Fritscher