[ros-users] Confirmation on primesense

Piyush piyushk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 16:43:43 UTC 2014

I was under the impression that only the openni website will be
closed, but the code will remain available on github. Can someone
confirm this? If so, we might still be fine for existing devices over
the next 1-2 releases.

There is a port of libfreenect that supports the asus devices [1], but
the code was never integrated into the main repository. Recently, some
progress has been made for Kinectv2 as well [2]. If I am not mistaken,
Kinect and Kinectv2 might be the only mass produced RGB-D devices that
might be available after this summer.

[1] https://github.com/zarvox/libfreenect/tree/xtion
[2] https://github.com/christiankerl/libfreenect2/tree/ir_iso_transfer

Piyush