[ros-users] pr2_moveit history

Bence Magyar mw.mzperx at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 19:15:42 UTC 2014

Most of the components and functionalities of pr2_object_manipulation is
now spread across other packages.

As for the perception part, detecting/segmenting tables, getting the
clusters can be found in the Object Recognition Kitchen, and to complement
it a not (yet) official package is the following which contains the object
point cloud clustering & bounding box generation.
https://github.com/pal-robotics/object_recognition_clusters

Similar functionality for grasp planning can be found here:
https://github.com/davetcoleman/moveit_simple_grasps

The way I see it now, is that a pr2_object_manipulation metapackage should
contain a pr2_moveit_config (config files for moveit),
pr2_object_recognition (config files for ORK), and a package that wraps all
this up in a state machine like we did with the REEM (
https://github.com/pal-robotics/reem_tabletop_grasping) while the rest can
be taken from the repository packages mentioned above.

Cheers,
Bence