[ros-users] Error after adding some ros packages

Sietse Achterop s.achterop at rug.nl
Thu Jun 26 11:06:24 UTC 2014

On 26-06-14 12:43, Ruben Smits wrote:

> Did you recently installed a new version of catkin? It seems it is finding an orogen template package.xml which catkin should not see. You can easily fix it by placing an empty
> CATKIN_IGNORE file in the templates directory:
>
> touch /home/p100213/ws/underlay_isolated/install_isolated/lib/ruby/1.8/x86_64-linux/orogen/templates/CATKIN_IGNORE

   Hello Ruben,
thanks, that did it.

I didn't touch this workspace ws (only contains orocos dan rtt_ros_integration) at all in the last few months, i think.
Next to that I only did a few apt updates in the last few months, and today installed the following
ros packages from the repository:

ros-hydro-libccd
ros-hydro-fcl
ros-hydro-object-recognition-msgs
ros-hydro-household-objects-database-msgs
ros-hydro-image-view
ros-hydro-manipulation-msgs
ros-hydro-octomap-msgs
ros-hydro-moveit-msgs
ros-hydro-srdfdom
ros-hydro-moveit-core
ros-hydro-pcl-msgs
ros-hydro-pcl-conversions
ros-hydro-moveit-ros-perception
ros-hydro-moveit-ros-planning
ros-hydro-moveit-ros-move-group
ros-hydro-moveit-ros-manipulation
ros-hydro-warehouse-ros
ros-hydro-moveit-ros-warehouse
ros-hydro-moveit-ros-planning-interface
ros-hydro-moveit-commander
ros-hydro-moveit-fake-controller-manager
ros-hydro-ompl
ros-hydro-moveit-planners-ompl
ros-hydro-moveit-planners
ros-hydro-moveit-simple-controller-manager
ros-hydro-moveit-plugins
ros-hydro-moveit-ros-benchmarks
ros-hydro-moveit-ros-robot-interaction
ros-hydro-moveit-ros-visualization