[ros-users] (no subject)

Joe Landau jrlandau at verizon.net
Sat Jun 28 05:11:32 UTC 2014

Hello Thomas,

i have been associated with a robotics project that is housed at the Hacker
Dojo in Mountain View, CA for the past year or so.  This is a project that
possibly could interest you.  The project is called Ubiquity Robots; you
can look at ubiquityrobotics.com, but there is not much there, only a
picture.  Look instead at https://sites.google.com/site/ubiquityrobots/

I have recently been thinking about the software interface for programming
this robot (called Hercules), but I have not  reached any firm conclusions
yet.  The robot uses ROS, but I think ROS is pretty hard to use and we need
something simpler.  But I may be missing something.

Are you by any chance in the Bay Area?  If so, please join us at the Dojo.
We meet there on Saturdays, at 1:30 pm.

Otherwise I'm happy to talk on Skype, Google, phone, etc.

Joe Landau

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 11:25 AM, Thomas Petersen <thomas.petersen at gmail.com