[ros-users] Announcing catkin_lint tool

Timo Röhling timo.roehling at fkie.fraunhofer.de
Wed Mar 12 09:25:12 UTC 2014

Hello ROS users,

I have created a tool to check catkin packages for common build
configuration errors. I announced it to the ROS Buildsystem SIG a while
ago, and I think it is ready for public scrutiny:

Source: https://github.com/fkie/catkin_lint
PyPI Package: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/catkin_lint
Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~roehling/+archive/latest

It runs a static analysis with a simplified CMake parser. Among the
checks are order constraints of macros, missing dependencies, missing
files, installation of targets and headers, and a few other things. The
checks are inspired by the catkin manual and issues I encountered in my
daily work routine.

Give it a try and feel free to post any issues on Github.

Timo

--
Dipl.-Inform. Timo Röhling
Unmanned Systems

Fraunhofer Institute for Communication, Information Processing, and
Ergonomics
FKIE | Fraunhoferstraße 20 | D-53343 Wachtberg
Phone +49 (0)228 9435-469 | Fax -16469
mailto:timo.roehling at fkie.fraunhofer.de
http://www.fkie.fraunhofer.de