[ros-users] Indigo buildfarm ready for releases

Tully Foote tfoote at osrfoundation.org
Tue Mar 25 03:58:05 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone,

We're pleased to announce the ROS build farm for Indigo Igloo is now
available.  It includes over 180 packages already for Ubuntu 13.10, Saucy
Salamander, and Ubuntu 14.04, Trusty Tahr. We expect that number to
continue to grow rapidly. Installation instructions already exist for
Ubuntu using debians or for compiling from source [1], and you can see the
status of Indigo packages on this page:

http://www.ros.org/debbuild/indigo.html

If you are a maintainer please look at what packages have been released and
consider releasing yours as soon as your upstream dependencies have been
satisfied.  If you are blocked on another package being released please
contact the maintainer.  And if you cannot reach the maintainer please
email ros-release at lists.ros.org (join if you aren't a member already).

If you are planning to release into Indigo please read the information
provided in the migration guide [2] and refer to the bloom tutorials [3]
for doing the release. Please also contribute to the migration guide for
updates relating to your package.

After releasing your packages the build farm will keep you notified of the
status of the individual jobs. Please pay attention to the automated emails
from the buildfarm, if jobs are failing they block downstream packages from
releasing and waste our build resources.

-- Your Friendly ROS Release Team

[1] http://wiki.ros.org/indigo/Installation
[2] http://wiki.ros.org/indigo/Migration
[3] http://ros.org/wiki/bloom