[ros-users] Indigo buildfarm ready for releases

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 16:59:29 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 11:56 AM, Jochen Sprickerhof <
ros-users at jochen.sprickerhof.de> wrote:

> * Michael Fritscher <michael.fritscher at telematik-zentrum.de> [2014-03-27
> 17:37]:
> > in my experience, you can use the binary builds from ros for Ubuntu
> precise
> > also in trusty - yust to be sure that you have repos from Ubuntu precise
> in
> > your sources.list for the right boost version etc. It can be that you
> have a
> > little fun with apt, but in general it should work. I had even upgraded
> > precise on which hydro is installed, to trusty with this trick without
> > removing ros.
>
> That's not a good idea, because different Ubuntu versions usually
> provide different software versions, for example boost ;).

Agreed. You can play those games with your personal systems, if you like.
Presumably you know how to fix it if necessary or at worst re-install a
clean OS.

But, we should never recommend that sort of fiddling to the general ROS
community.
--
 joq