[ros-users] New Mirroring method for API docs

Tully Foote tfoote at osrfoundation.org
Thu May 1 08:45:22 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 1:31 AM, G.A. vd. Hoorn - 3ME <
g.a.vanderhoorn at tudelft.nl> wrote:

> On 1-5-2014 10:15, Tully Foote wrote:
>
>> HI,
>>

> Hi Tully,
>

>  As a quick update on the mirroring we have several new mirrors listed. I
>> have recently cleared listed mirrors which were out of date by more than a
>> year. There are four mirrors fully functional.  Two (Japan and Sao Paulo)
>> appear to be up to date but is not reporting correctly. (Documentation of
>> how to fix this at:
>> http://wiki.ros.org/Mirrors#Make_timestamp_available_to_the_ros_wiki)
>>
>> There are several more mirrors listed which have not been updated, however
>> they do not have listed contact information. (Freiburg, Barcelona,
>> Philadelphia, Austin)  If you are the maintainer please add your contact
>> info to the wiki page and look at updating the syncronization method.
>>
>> We'd like to clean up the systems so that all the listed mirrors will have
>> status reporting for easier visibility to users.
>>

> Is a similar mechanism planned for the package mirrors?

Yes. We'd like to do that as well. It's ticketed here:
https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/roswiki/issues/98 At the moment I
don't think there's anyone actively working on this.

If anyone has suggestions how to make this happen or can point to tools
which would make this work please comment on the issue.

Tully