[ros-users] Connecting ROS to a software (music) synthesiser?

Michael James Gratton mikeg at cse.unsw.edu.au
Wed Nov 12 01:26:18 UTC 2014

Hey Raymond,

We should probably take this off the list, but for the record the two
alternatives you suggest are I think actually the same thing: rososc is
written in Python and uses the Python OSC bindings.

I created a ROS node in Python by extending rososc's OscInterface
class. The node simply subscribed to the appropriate ROS topics and
listened for OSC messages, and bridged only the interesting messages
between the two. It worked really well, with less than 100 lines of
code. The repo it is in is private, but I could send that class and my
installation notes over if you'd like

//Mike

--
Michael Gratton <http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~mikeg/>
UNSW School of Computer Science and Engineering.