[ros-users] ROS versioning & wiki structure

Jonathan Bohren jonathan.bohren at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 15:18:56 UTC 2014

On Mon Nov 24 2014 at 3:38:46 AM Miquel Massot Campos <
miquel.massot at gmail.com> wrote:

> In my opinion, maintaining a repo and the documentation in two different
> sites is a bit confusing. One often makes changes to the repository without
> remembering how the roswiki entry was done, thus breaking the completeness
> or correctness of it. As most of us are developing on GitHub, would it make
> sense to have a document in each of our repositories "*something.roswiki"* so
> that the documentation generator

pastes it into the roswiki?

I agree. The wiki is broken, and package documentation should reside in the
packages wherever the code is hosted.

Unfortunately, as Dirk said, "whatever change you propose must be
implemented by someone."  So, I'm asking directly:

What resources does OSRF have to re-work the ROS wiki pages for packages
and tutorials in a way that simply aggregates documentation from package
source repositories?

-j