[ros-users] Updates for "image_transport" Tutorials?

William Woodall william at osrfoundation.org
Thu Oct 9 19:15:24 UTC 2014

Hi Kefei,

Thanks for pointing those pages out to us. I took some time this morning
and update a few of the pages to include catkin examples. However, the
tutorials themselves seem out of date, so I opened an issue on the GitHub
page for vision_opencv:

https://github.com/ros-perception/vision_opencv/issues/48

Unfortunately there are a lot of out of date pages on the wiki. If you
discover more in the future I would encourage you to open issues on the
appropriate issue tracker or ask a question on answers.ros.org or even fix
them up yourself.

Thanks,

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 12:51 PM, Kefei Zeng <kefei.zeng at mail.utoronto.ca>
wrote:

>  I'm trying to get image_transport working by following the instructions
> in this link (
>
> http://wiki.ros.org/image_transport/Tutorials) but noticed that the
> tutorial is still using roscreate-pkg instead of catkin. I'm sure there
> have been other complaints regarding how outdated the instructions were, as
> evidenced by the complete lack of catkin_instructions. Is it possible to
> write a new set of tutorials for the people who are used to catkin?

William Woodall
ROS Development Team
william at osrfoundation.org
http://wjwwood.io/