[ros-users] A rosbag implementation in Java

Aaron Schiffman aarondsc at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 30 06:51:39 UTC 2014

Dear ROS-Users,
I am strongly considering implementing rosbag in Java. I'd want to implement the latest rosbag version (2.0 is the version I found documented by Tully). I was going through a list of TODO's for a project I am working on from 2 years ago, and one of the tasks was to create a proxy framework for monitoring data communications. rosbag already seems to cover the requirements well. I'd be happy to share the code with OSRF if it hasn't been done yet. Any input on rosbag in Java will be appreciated. I'd appreciate some back and forth Q&A support on this if any rosbag experts are willing to support the effort. I'd like to get it done in short order.
Please let me know if you want to help.
Thanks,

Aaron