[ros-users] 2014 Metrics Report available

David Lu!! davidlu at wustl.edu
Thu Sep 4 21:19:24 UTC 2014

Thanks for putting together the report, Tully.

One additional metric that has gone up over the past four years is the
percentage of questions on answers.ros.org that have gone unanswered. I've
attached a graph with the numbers from the past reports. We've steadily
grown from 13% in 2011 to 32% now.

I'd be interested in seeing additional numbers on what kinds of questions
get answered or not. Do power users get more of their questions answered?
Are certain tags more answered? (I swear I'll get to your navigation
questions soon).

There's the bigger question of what we as a community can do to get more
questions marked as resolved. The answer is most likely somewhere between
answering more questions and making sure questions are marked as resolved
(if they are). Maybe September 19th is "Answer ROS Questions Like A Pirate
Day".

-David

P.S. For those who have never heard of it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Talk_Like_a_Pirate_Day
P.P.S. I realize the irony of complaining about questions not being
answered by asking additional questions.