[ros-users] Debian packages facilitating installation of linux-rt kernel

Kelsey Hawkins kphawkins at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 11:36:43 UTC 2014

On this same subject, I'd like to make people aware of tutorials for
installing Xenomai, an alternative real time kernel, on Ubuntu.  Thanks to
JHU LCSR for putting them together.

Precise:
https://code.google.com/p/jhu-lcsr-ros-pkg/wiki/UbuntuXenomaiPrecise
Lucid: https://code.google.com/p/jhu-lcsr-ros-pkg/wiki/UbuntuXenomai

I've had no problems with these tutorials and Xenomai has worked well for
my 1kHz ethercat control loop.

-Kelsey