[ros-users] ROS Vagrant base boxes

Mark Pitchless markpitchless at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 14:53:00 UTC 2014

Hello All,

I'm very pleased to announce a set of vagrant virtual box base boxes, we
have been working on at shadow robot, are now available on the cloud for
public consumption.

https://vagrantcloud.com/shadowrobot

You need vagrant 1.5+ to use these. On trusty bring up a new ros machine
like so:

apt-get install vagrant
mkdir indigovm
cd indigovm
vagrant init shadowrobot/ros-indigo-desktop-trusty64
vagrant up

After a bit a logged in desktop will appear, just open a terminal, roscore
and away you go.

Currently we have Hydro and Indigo machines in 32bit and 64bit variants.

These are built using vagrant and ansible as part of our build tools
project (more on this next week).
https://github.com/shadow-robot/sr-build-tools/blob/master/vagrant/ros-base/README.md
Feel free to log issues, ideas there or post here.

Collaboration welcome especially creating bases for other providers.

Have fun,
Mark Pitchless
--
www.shadowrobot.com