[ros-users] Topic Relaying between two different ROS masters

Jan Winkler winkler at cs.uni-bremen.de
Wed Apr 1 14:27:10 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

In our lab, the requirement of sharing a topic between two different ROS
master instances came up in different contexts.

I just wanted to let you know about the tool that was developed for that
purpose:

 * https://github.com/code-iai/topic_relay

It basically connects to both masters (without a priori knowledge about
the topic type) and blindly forwards messages between the two ROS master
instances.

I'm posting this in case anyone else runs into this situation.

NOTE: Its still pretty hacky, but works reliably for us so far. Will be
cleaned up as soon as I find time to do that :).

All the best,
Jan

--
Dipl. Ing. Jan Winkler
Institute for Artificial Intelligence
EMail: winkler at cs.uni-bremen.de

Open-EASE - Web Analysis Tool for Robot Experience Data:
http://www.open-ease.org/