[ros-users] Wiki documentation for twist_mux package

Daniel Stonier d.stonier at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 02:48:57 UTC 2015

Seems to be rather alot of parallelisation happening these days.

I understand that it takes time to collaborate and that natural selection
from multiple implementations are also a way of evolving the code available
in our robotic community, but I do believe at least some preliminary
discussion and collaboration on software that 90% fits can often get you
that last 10% much faster than evolving it entirely yourself. It also
rounds out an implementation to be more satisfactory for everyone. Another
problem everpresent with ROS software is maintenance - n implementations
are of no use long term if maintainers can't keep up with all that they try
to maintain.

I'd like to encourage people to first look to see what is there, see if
something is a 90% fit, discuss and then iterate using the usual fork/pull
request cycle where possible.

Daniel.

<http://rnd.yujinrobot.com/>